A teaching resource for Key Stage 2 and above. Contains historical background, teaching tips, dress ideas, music and details of many dances of Victorian times, including:
- Dances of the Ballroom: waltz, schottische, polka, quadrille
- Country dances: Sir Roger de Coverley, Nine Pins, Pop Goes the Weasel, The Triumph
- Morris and processional dance: Castleton Garland, Helston Furry Dance, Bean Setting and Stave Dance
- Performance dances: Sailor's Hornpipe, Jockey Dance, Skirt Dance, Clowns, Crossing Sweepers
- Clog dance: Lancashire clog dancing described in detail for all skill levels
Researched and written by specialists in dance and costume of the period, and produced by:
A teaching resource, including book and Dances of Court and Country CD.
- step descriptions
- instructions for 13 dances: The Long Dance, Pavan, Galliard, Branle des Lavandieres, Branle des Sabots, Branle Pinagay, Branle de l'Official, Branle des Chevaux, Quadran Pavan, The Earl of Essex measure, The Old Almaine, Gathering Peascods, Millisons Jig.
- historical background information
- music for playing in the classroom
- teaching hints
Intended for use in conjunction with a workshop by a specialist teacher, this pack is the fruit of two decades of experience by experts.
"This pack is an excellent teaching resource, which really added to our children's understanding of Tudor culture", says an Oxfordshire teacher.